Artists meet from February to November (10 months) to set goals and learn best business practices.
This program challenges you with monthly tasks that will prepare you to confidently approach galleries, sell your artwork online, and gain exposure and sales. We’ll be following the steps outlined in Lisa Powers’ book, “So You Want to be an Artist?!: A Practical Guide and Checkbook for the Everyday Artist for a Successful Career“.
This program is valuable for artists who are serious about developing their career. You’ll be able to look back in ten month’s time and see all you’ve accomplished. Returning artists can create new goals or adapt each month’s objective to suit their individual needs.
- Evaluate and work with your strengths and weaknesses
- Set and achieve monthly goals
- Learn how to manage your time for optimal results
- Learn how to value and document your artwork
- Create Certificates of Authenticity for your artwork
- Create binding Agreements for commissioned artwork (and galleries)
- Build a stellar portfolio
- Create or update your Artist Statement and CV
- Learn best practices to set up your website and social media platforms
- Learn how to promote yourself and gain exposure
- Learn about alternative ways to produce an income based on your artwork
- And more!
When: Starting Sunday, Feb. 3 and meeting each month (dates/time may vary according to class preference)
Time: 1:00 – 2:30ish
Cost: $250 for 10 months OR $30/month (includes book: So You Want to be an Artist, and handouts)
Returning Artists Cost: $125 for 10 months OR $15/month (includes handouts only)
PLEASE BRING: Binder, note paper and pen
SEO: “how to sell art”, “art careers”, “art career planning”, “professional artists”, “advice for artists”, “art business adviser”, “artist mentorship program”, “artist mentor”, “best art business practices”, “how to be a successful artist” “how to grow your art business”, “learn the business side of art” ,