Artists meet on a monthly basis from February to November (10 months) to discuss and set art career goals while learning best business practices. You’ll be challenged with monthly tasks pertinent to your business strategy, and be asked to report back the following month. This keeps us motivated and on track! We’ll be following the steps outlined in Lisa Powers’ book, “So You Want to be an Artist?!: A Practical Guide and Checkbook for the Everyday Artist for a Successful Career“.
This program is valuable for all levels of artists (and of all disciplines) who are serious about developing their career. Artists can adapt it to their individual needs. You’ll be able to look back in ten month’s time and see all you’ve accomplished.
What you’ll take from these sessions:
- Evaluate and work with your strengths and weaknesses
- Learn how to set and achieve career goals
- Learn how to manage your time for optimal results
- Create Agreements and other valuable documents to use in your art business
- Learn how to set up your website and social media platforms
- Learn how to promote yourself as an artist
- Learn about alternative ways to produce an income based on your artwork
- And much more!
When: Starting Sunday, Feb. 4 and meeting each month (dates/time may vary)
Next Meeting: Sunday, May 27 – WE’LL BE DISCUSSING HOW TO DOCUMENT YOUR ARTWORK – AND MORE!
Time: 1:00 – 3:00ish
Cost: $45/month (includes handouts, access to private FB group, ongoing support)
Artists are welcome to join any time!
NOTE: “No Shows” are not refunded, credited, or carried forward to another meeting.
SEO: “art business adviser”, “art mentorship program”, “artist mentor”, “best art business practices”, “learn how to be a successful artist”,