What is Colour Theory? A practical guidance to colour mixing and the visual effects of a specific colour combination.
Learn the psychology behind colours, how to mix paints to match any colour, and how colours translate into spacial effects (near vs far) – and more!
This is what we’ll do:
- Mix warm and cool hues – learn how these change a colour (example: grass green vs. khaki green)
- Learn how to see colours as values (light to dark)
- Mix paints to match various colour swatches
- Learn how to use complimentary colours as glazes to tone down a hue
- Learn about symbolism of colours and how they can express emotion
- Learn how colours translate into spacial effects (near vs. far)
- Create a colour wheel including tones, shades, and tints
When: Saturday, July 21
Time: 11:00 – 3:00 (BYOLunch!)
Level: Adult & Youth (16+)
NOTE: Please dress appropriately for messy projects! Class size is limited. We require a minimum number to register in order to run this workshop. You will be refunded in full if it is cancelled due to low registration. “No Shows” will not be refunded or credited towards another class. REGISTRATION DEADLINE: JULY 18